Level 2 Coaching Accreditation to take place at ECU Joondalup on Saturday 8th and Sunday 9th February, 2014.
We are calling for coaches to express their interest in attending the 2014 Level 2 Coaching Course.
Complete the online form here, you will be notified of your acceptance into the course by January 14, 2014.
Before completing the form please ensure that you meet all of the criteria for enrolment as listed below.
To register for the Level 2 Course coaches must ensure they are demonstrating the appropriate coaching attitudes, behaviours and skills. The competencies expected of a Level 2 coach clearly reflect the ability to plan, prepare, conduct, review and adapt training and match programs in the context of a yearly plan.
• Must be coaching at Youth (Year 8-12) or Senior (18+) level in season 2014
• Coaches at the Auskick level (pp-year 3) or Junior Rules (Year 4-7) are not eligible
• Coaches to have completed Level 1 Youth or Senior Course
• Necessary to have been coaching for a minimum of 3 years
LEVEL 2 COURSE OUTLINE
The program includes practical sessions and formal presentations from experts in their fields. The level course is a combination of practical and education sessions, and will take place through out a full season. This years Level 2 Course will feature AFL Coaching Ambassadors along with presentations from the West Coast Eagles and Fremantle Football Club coaches, WAFL and State Academy Coaches will also deliver sessions and provide their insights on coaching the modern footballer.
To complete your accreditation you must complete the following;
• Attend the two-day workshop
• Attend a WAFL Tactical Game Analysis session
• Through your district Staff of Coach Coordinator complete a training feedback and match day observations
• Submit a complete Coaches Diary for the season
• Attend 2 professional development seminars conducted by the Australian Football Coaching Association (AFCA).
Places on the course are limited, and enrolments will be determined by the District and Regional Staff based on their capacity to service follow up sessions.
If you are not successful in being offered a place as a course attendee we do have conference options available where you can attend the two day workshop for your own professional development.